In light of all that is happening in the world, handwashing paired with social distancing are the two most effective ways to avoid spreading Covid-19. So when your business primarily runs based on home parties and in-person sales, what can you do to make sure you are still productive?
Here are some ways that you can stay productive in your direct sales, network marketing business while avoiding group situations that could increase the spread of the virus.
Show your customers how you are preparing
Reach out to your customers and let them know what you are doing to prevent the spread of the disease. This can be done through email, shared in your customer Facebook Group, or even texted individually if you have a relatively small customer base that you could easily text. Avoid group texts or Facebook messages – no one wants to be stuck in a group message and it’s more likely to increase frustrations than solve any problems.
Some things you might include in your message are:
- Acknowledge the situation and align with your customer’s feelings of fear, confusion, or anxiety. Be a beacon of light and assure them that they are not alone and you are here for them.
- Give specific details about how you are working to decrease the chances of germs on products. For example: wiping your inventory with antibacterial wipes, storing inventory behind a closed door, delivering products to front doors instead of handing from person to person, hosting online parties or video conference consultations, etc.
- Remind your customers how they can easily can reach you if needed (this is a great time to share your digital business card, which connects your customers with all parts of your business from one convenient link)
- Tell your customers you have available in your inventory for immediate delivery and when you are placing an order so that customers can purchase what they need
- Do NOT use any fear tactics or false information to make sales. I know YOU don’t need to hear this. But someone does, so I need to say it: Don’t claim that certain products prevent or cure viruses. Period.
Create convenient product bundles that solve real problems
During a time of crisis, people may stop purchasing the “fun stuff” and instead stock up on their favorite “can’t live without” items. Make it easy for your customers to shop with you, without having to go out in public and risk exposure, by creating bundles of products that people will likely stock up on. Some bundle ideas could include:
- Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and Mascara
- Skincare (this is already bundled, but it’s still worth noting!)
- Foundation and foundation primer
- Body wash and body lotion
- Satin Hands (again, already bundled!)
Offer door to door shipping
Instead of requiring that customers host a party, meet you for pickup, or greet you at the door offer door to door shipping where you simply leave their bag of products on their door handle. This can minimize the exposure from person to person and may feel more comfortable for those who are concerned about sharing space with others right now. It also gives your customers a convenient option to buy their products without having to go to the store where they have a higher risk of interacting with an infected person.
Host online parties or consultations
Instead of meeting your customers in person, offer to host an online party. While this can’t replace an in-person party it is a great alternative that allows you to get in front of customers without having to be there physically. Here are a few tips to craft your online party:
- Have one compelling offer that gets people excited buy – but put a time limit on it so that there is a sense of urgency. For example: the deal at the party might be a free hand cream with any $75 purchase or a free mascara with an order of $100 or more, but it ends in 3 days.
- Give more than you ask for. An online party is ultimately about making a sale – but customers shouldn’t feel that way. Find ways that you can offer immense value during the party before you ask for the sale.
- Show your face. The biggest mistake you can make when hosting an online party for your direct sales business is to NOT do videos. People, especially in this time of social distancing, want to connect. They want to feel like they know the person they are buying from – showing up in live video allows them to get to know you, builds trust, and ultimately is more likely to lead to a sale. Try going live for 10 minutes every day of the party with a different tip. For example:
- Day 1: Go live and apply Lash Intensity Mascara to demonstrate how awesome it is. Then, remove the mascara you just applied with Oily Free Eye Makeup remover to show how gently it is.
- Day 2: Go live and do a 10-minute charcoal mask. Show people how the mask changes color as it is worn and what that means.
- Day 3: Go live and demonstrate your favorite skincare set with the Skinvigorate Sonic brush.
Participate in online training, courses, and workshops
Now is the perfect time to focus on your education – there are tons of live workshops and at-your-own-pace courses available online and if you’re stuck at home, this is a great way to use your time!
If you’re looking for an online educational opportunity, I’d love to invite you to our workshop, Social Secrets where we’re digging into how to get more engagement in your Customer Facebook Group so you can make more money in 2020.
In this live workshop you’ll learn:
- The 6 types of posts you need if you want to increase engagement in your group
- The 7 types of people in your group and what kind of engagement you can expect from each of them
- And our top strategy for how to stay consistent and actually fit social media into your day
Plus, all attendees will receive a virtual swag bag after the live event including valued at over $100!
- Canva Editable Social Media Post Templates ($27 Value)
- Social Media Quote Graphics Pack ($27 Value)
- Unit Facebook Group Social Post Graphics Pack ($47 Value)
- $10 Gift Code to spend in the AnchorDesignCo.com shop in March ($10 Value)
Join this ive event (or sign up to get access to the replay) at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/socialsecrets/register! I’d love to see you there!
Update your online system
If you have a stack of profile cards and receipts that you haven’t input into InTouch yet, now is a great time to get that done! While it isn’t traditionally an income-producing activity (normally, I’d suggest offloading this to a VA!) it’s still a task that carries a huge benefit later. When you make sure your online system is up-to-date and current with your customer’s information there are a few ways you’ll benefit:
- When your customer needs to reorder a product, you’ll be able to easily see what they previously purchased from any phone or computer. No digging through paper (or losing the profile card!)
- Take advantage of the automatic follow up system. This system automatically sends reorder reminders on a schedule of your choice. This helps you more efficiently follow up with customers and could increase reorders!
- Reach all of your customers through an MK eCard. The MK eCard system is the perfect way to email your customers without having to sign up for a third party email software. Now, don’t get me wrong: I’d rather see you using a 3rd party software such as MailerLite because it allows you to track opens and clicks in your emails and segment your customers base don interest. But if you’re not doing that, then at least be sure to use the free MK eCard system to reach your customers in their inbox!
Get your training systems in place
You may be feeling a bit of a lull in growing your team because you’re seeing less people… or you might be feeling a spike because more women are looking for work from home opportunities. Either way, this is a great time to get smart systems in place – you either have the space (ie: time, energy, and are stuck at home anyway!) or you NEED a system that can support your growing team quickly and efficiently.
Take some time to look over your new consultant systems, recruiting systems, and hostess programs and ask yourself:
- What is my main objective of each of these systems?
- Is this system complicated and time-consuming or is it efficient and effective?
- Does this system confuse the user (consultant or customer) or does it make it so easy to accomplish the objective that there are hardly any objections?
Then find a system that gives you:
- Flexibility to customize anytime, anywhere. You need to be able to pivot and adjust as your business grows.
- The highest profit possible – ie, look for a system that isn’t going to cost you an arm and a leg to update in the future (and effectively steal from your profit)
- A HELL YES response from the user, instead of a wishy-washy “Meh, I’m not sure, I need to think about it”
To support you in this, we’ve added a 50% off discount to our most popular system so that you can get smart systems in place at a discounted price. This is just one way that we can use our business to give back to yours and we hope that this helps <3
Call customers individually to check up on them
Ask these questions:
- How are you doing? How can I support you doing this time? << Give them the support they need and let them know that you are there for them.
- Can I drop your favorite products at your doorstep for you so you don’t have to go shopping? << Offer to make it quick, easy, convenient, and hygienic to purchase products.
- Will you support my business by sharing about me on Facebook? << Give customers a way to support you without having to spend money. Ask them to share your digital business card, post about a product they love, or just share a post from your Facebook page. A little goes a long way!
Laura Belgray said it best when she said: We ARE the economy. Don’t let anyone business shame you. The economy is made of buying and selling. We need you to keep selling so that you can keep buying. If you stop making money it doesn’t help anyone. But if you keep on making money you can do things like buy a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant or salon. Steak for 2 or a blowout in the future. Hope for all! If you keep going it gives us all permission to keep going. Like when you find out someone else is wearing jeans to the party. “Oh I’ll wear jeans to the party too.“
Support your sister consultants virtually, even if you’re not a Director
In this time of uncertainty, the thing many of us crave most is reassurance and support. Even if we don’t realize, we desperately are hoping for someone to help us see that everything will be ok.
Schedule video chat sessions using software like Zoom, Facetime, or Skype to host online working sessions, brainstorming meetings, vent sessions, or social hour. We can’t physically be together but we can be together emotionally and mentally. Find an hour every week that you can connect with your sister consultant and friends to provide support to each other and lift each other up.
Give yourself permission to do absolutely nothing
Do not beat yourself up if you wake up one day and simply can’t. There is so much going on in the world now that it feels guaranteed we’re each going to have at least one of those days. Give yourself permission to rest and recoup as needed. TO handle less than you wish you could handle.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break, a breather, and a rest.
There you have it, friends! I hope that this list helps you stay productive over the next few weeks. Please know that if you need support, we are here for you at Anchor Design Co. You can email us any time at email@example.com or leave a comment below if we can support you in any way.