We talk a lot how important it is to meet people where they are – if you’ve been following us, this probably sounds familiar! (If not, you may want to check this post out!)
These days, Facebook is where so many people hang out, so we would be missing a HUGE population of people if we only connected through hosting parties or open houses, and while we can’t sell directly on social media we CAN use social platforms like Instagram and Facebook to build relationships with our customers.
So today, let’s nail down a clear, simple social media strategy.
Start by getting a simple planner – it doesn’t need to be fancy!
My favorite is Emily Ley’s Simplified Planner.
…or you can print out a free one online. Check out this gorgeous one, also from Emily!!
Then, write down what you are going to post on social media each day – I like to follow the 5:3:2 Rule to keep it simple and manageable.
But what is the 5:3:2 Rule, you ask? Let’s talk about it!
Social media can play a big part in drawing audiences to your brand, but what do you need to do to get them there? What should you be sharing and when?
It’s all about getting the right balance, so think of it this way: For every 10 posts….
- 5 should be content from others that are relevant to your audience (curation).
- Example 1: Find a makeup tutorial and share why you love it
- Example 2: Share an inspirational quote or image
- 3 should be content you created that is relevant to your audience, but not sales-focused (creation).
- Example 1: Share a tip of the day with your audience
- Example 2: Share a before and after photo of one of your customers
- 2 should be personal, fun content that helps humanize your brand (humanization).
- Example 1: Share your photo and post 3 fun facts about yourself and ask your audience to comment with info about themselves
- Example 2: Share a photo of a recipe you recently made
You’ll notice that all of these areas have something in common–they are all focused on your audience and not you – by focusing on the relationship you build trust and as we know: Your customer needs to KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST you in order to feel comfortable making a purchase!
Now if you are looking at the holidays wondering how you will possibly keep up with social media posts during the holidays, then you may want to check out our Holiday Bundle – our holiday bundle gives you everything you need to book, sell, recruit, and warm chat during the holidays. But there’s a secret bonus that I really want you to know about:
Holiday bundle clients get the exclusive opportunity to sign up for our limited edition holiday social media management service.
In this service, we will post weekly to promote products to your customers and handle all of your holiday promotions, as well as help build up your PCP list when enrollment starts in December!
Want to learn more? Click the button below! But remember: this is an exclusive bonus opportunity for Holiday Bundle clients, and after September 27th we will NOT be accepting new clients. Don’t miss it, girlfriend!